Sarcoidosis: Lifestyle Changes and Complications
Read Dr. Lans’ latest article on eMediHealth – Sarcoidosis: Lifestyle Changes and Complications.
Most individuals with sarcoidosis experience chronic fatigue. While there are no specific “home remedies” that are effective for sarcoidosis treatment, there are lifestyle efforts that can help, including:
- Regular moderate exercise
- Adequate sleep hygiene
- Maintaining normal body weight
- Following a whole foods diet – Inflammatory foods such as those with added sugars, fried or processed and “junk foods” should be avoided.
- Quitting smoking
- Stress management – This is important to avoid exacerbating sarcoidosis symptoms. Meditation and relaxation therapies can be most helpful.
- Participation in a sarcoidosis support group – This can also help by connecting with other people who struggle with this uncommon condition.